Friday, November 4, 2011

Nano-nano, nano, nano...NANO....



Guess what?

It's NANO!

National Novel Writing month. I'm talking part in National Novel Writing Month again this year. The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

Yeah, we're all nuts.

That's 1667 words per day, every day.

Why? Because as I said we're all nuts. No, just kidding. Because it gets me off my butt and gets me writing in bulk.

Why 50,000 words?
That's the least amount of words that's still considered a novel.

Have I ever done it before? Yep. I even won once before. I wrote a horrid werewolf romance novel that year. It was fun. And no, you may never read it. I have no desire to publish a werewolf romance but the story was keeping me from writing anything else. I purged it.

The other two years I didn't get 50,000 words but I still did over 25,000 words in both of those. When else do you write that much in 30 days?

What am I writing this year?
I was bored with comedy so I'm going back to my roots and writing a suspense novel.

What do I win? Not a whole lot. I get to hang out with my writer friends. I get an e-certificate saying I finished. I get 50,000 new words.

Why do I still do it? Because even when it makes me miserable I'm still happy doing it.

MY TITLE: The Child Thief

Plot: A man can't stop himself from following an eight year old boy around and spying on him. Then that boy disappears. Two years later, another boy disappears. Investigator Elle Tresse is begged to look into the case. But what she finds is more complicated than she expected. Good guys and bad guys keep switching hats in this suspenseful tale where the truth more dangerous than any weapon.

So that's what I'm doing this month.

Are you NANOing?

No comments:

Post a Comment